If you are wondering if Invisalign® could offer you the straighter smile you've been dreaming of, let our Langley Straight Smile dentists explain what orthodontic issues can often be improved with Invisalign.
Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For You?
Invisalign can be an ideal orthodontic treatment for adults, children, and teens. Even if your teeth seem as though they would be a significant challenge, or if you are worried about your teenager's permanent teeth are still growing in, Invisalign may still be a suitable treatment.
From a simple straightening or a bigger fix, Invisalign can help to correct many orthodontic issues and help give patients straighter and healthier smiles. So, is Invisalign right for you?
Dental Issues That Can Often Be Corrected With Invisalign
Our Langley dentists know that your smile is unique and since you will be living with it for weeks or months, finding the right orthodontic treatment for you is important. The creators of Invisalign are continually innovating to give the best possible results to every smile Invisalign treats.
Here are some of the issues that Invisalign's clear aligners have been designed to help correct:
- Gap Teeth - When you have extra space between two or more of your teeth, this is often referred to as a spacing issue or gapped teeth. Particles of food can become stuck in the pockets created by gapped teeth, leading to sore and tender gums, possibly resulting in gum disease. Invisalign aligners may be able to fix the gaps in your smile.
- Crowded Teeth - If there isn't enough room in your jaw for all of your teeth to fit, the result can be teeth that are twisted and overlapping. The extra nooks and crannies caused by crowded teeth can make it difficult to clean your teeth effectively, which in turn can lead to tooth decay or gum disease. In many cases Invisalign can help to correct crowded teeth.
- Overbite - When your upper front teeth overlap your lower front teeth, dentists say you have an overbite. Most people have an overbite to some degree, but if your overbite is too large it can lead to jaw pain and worn teeth. Invisalign aligners may be able to help correct your overbite or deep bite.
- Underbite - If your lower teeth are in front of your upper teeth when your mouth is closed, you have an underbite. An underbite is often caused by a problem with the lower jaw being too far forward. An underbite can make it difficult to chew properly or speak clearly. It can also cause teeth to wear down more quickly. Invisalign can be used to fix some less severe underbites, but more severe cases of underbites may require additional or alternative treatments.
- Crossbite - When you close your mouth, if some of your upper teeth are sitting inside your lower teeth instead of on the outside this is called a crossbite. In some cases a crossbite can result in painful gum problems or even bone loss. Invisalign clear aligners can help to correct some types of crossbite.
- Open Bite - If your upper and lower teeth don't touch when your mouth is closed, your dentist will refer to this as an open bite. An open bite can make chewing and biting foods such as apples more difficult. Invisalign treatment may be able to help correct your open bite.