Thanks to innovative dental technology, dentists can now capture enhanced 3-D dental images of a patient's mouth using the iTero scanner. Here's more about what the iTero scanner is and how it helps you get the most out of Invisalign.
What Is The iTero Scanner?
The iTero scanner is an intraoral wand. Dentist's can move the wand around a patient’s mouth to create 3-D dental images in just minutes!
The intraoral scans from iTero are used to create dental models for restorative work like dental crowns and implants, and to diagnose and treat orthodontic issues.
Invisalign & iTero
The Invisalign orthodontic treatment is a series of clear, removable aligners that straighten your teeth without traditional metal braces.
An iTero intraoral scanner will allow your dentist to see a 3-D image of your teeth, which means your dentist is able to create a custom Invisalign treatment plan to suit your unique needs.
The Benefits Of iTero
- iTero scanners have screens which display the digital images in real time.
- Your dentist can also use the scans with the Invisalign Outcome Simulator to show you how your Invisalign treatment will look at the end.
- Regular scans with iTero throughout your Invisalign treatment can help your dentist track your progress.
- iTero scanners are simple to use and the scans they produce are much more detailed than traditional 2-D images.
- Enhanced digital scans mean more efficient and convenient treatment for you.
- You'll never have to worry about the goopy mess that comes with taking traditional impressions.
- Your dentist can easily share your digital scans with other dental professionals and third-party providers, like Invisalign.